That is me in my uniform. Laugh all you want - but please look at that view behind me!!!
Yesterday I ventured to Collins Beach with Olivia and Mary. It is smaller than Shelly Beach and Manly Beach, and the water is super clear! We could see the fish at the bottom as we walked out into the water and also, no jelly fish! At one point a little boat came to the shore selling fresh juice - I hadn't seen anything like that before. We left right as the rain clouds rolled in.
Last night was the Icebreaker party. It was fun dancing with the group in the cafe area, but it began to rain heavily right before we were supposed to take the bus down to Steyne Hotel. The bus couldn't come right to the school, so they told us to just run out to where the bus was. Surprise! We ran to the road and there was no bus.. so we had to wait in the pouring rain. For being a school that produces high class event management majors - you would think they would plan that better. Once the bus arrived, we took it to the Styne which had an area just for ICMS students. The rain had dampened my mood, and it was very loud - so soon, Mike and I took a taxi back up the hill in the rain. The taxi driver didn't know what ICMS was at first.. I couldn't believe it! It seriously was right up the road from where we were. Crazy taxis!
This morning I took the RSA (responsible service of alcohol) course so that I can help at functions on campus. Our instructor was a really nice woman who told stories from her experiences in the industry and made the course super easy - even let us out two hours before we were supposed to! I didn't realize exactly what went into working at a bar, so the course was a little more interesting than I had expected.
This whole weekend is forecasted for rain, not that I really mind. I am actually taking the time to organize things such as class work!! (Oh yeah... I am here to take classes right?!) Just living the good life and trying not to get too wet in the rain!
No comments:
Post a Comment