Sunday, February 14, 2010

"resered"




Tonight, Mike and I went out for our first date in Australia. Even though I am not much into celebrating Valentine's Day, it's still a good excuse to explore the town we live in! We walked down along the beach before getting to the restaurant of our choice - Si Am Bay. It is on the third level and faces Manly Beach. We sat on the balcony so that we could watch the surfers out in the ocean. I had never been to a Thai restaurant before - I ordered the stir fry chicken with sweet and sour sauce, and Mike had the Masamaan curry. Both meals were delicious! A lot of restaurants are "byob" here in Australia which I find very interesting. We brought our own bottle of wine. Mike made reservations for 5:30 but was unaware that he rented out the place! (haha, we were alone in the restaurant for awhile, but got great service!) The second picture is how one of the Thai waitresses wrote out the word "reserved." I found that quite funny!

After dinner we walked along the Corso and stopped at an ice cream shop. Cappuccino ice cream was my choice, and Mike had swiss chocolate. Overall, it was a successful night even though it was cloudy and rainy!

Back to the daily grind tomorrow...

No comments: