Yes, I'm quoting the Fray. No, I'm not your normal homesick. What I miss most at the moment? My dentist.
I am being blessed with toothaches here in Australia. Lovely! I've had problems with one tooth for the past few years, and it has decided to act up once again! At first, I thought - hoped - that it would just kind of.. disappear. It has not. I bought some medicine to put on the tooth, but that only numbs it for about half an hour. The best fix is advil. So I've given in, and tomorrow I am asking my coordinator about dentists in the area. Only another adventure for me in the land of Australia! Wish me luck!
However, my tooth is not keeping me from enjoying ice cream! (Must be all of the advil I'm taking!) Today I went to the beach with the girls - I just can't stay away when the weather is nice. My favorite beach treat is a chocolate paddle pop, and it is pretty much an Australian version of the fudgsicle, and quite a bargain at $1.80. There is a little stand near the beach that sells pies, coffee, and ice cream that I stop at occasionally.
Outside of my room is a balcony that I cannot go out on. Otherwise I get "infringed." That really means nothing to study abroad students, but to other students, it is kind of a big deal - it basically just means you are in trouble, and most infringements are about the uniform. The balcony is very pretty, and they take tourists out there. That is very nice and all, but one day I was sitting at my desk, skyping my mom and then all of the sudden there were tourists outside of my window taking pictures of the scenery! Soon, they had turned around and began waving at me... even taking photos of me at my computer. I didn't know I was an attraction, but I should be getting paid!
Speaking of getting paid, most people haven't had any luck with finding jobs here, so I haven't really looked for one. I have started editing all photos from Australia on iPhoto. They look so pretty, I should just start selling them at markets as a source of income. This reminds me of my mother - those who know her knows that she is big into photo editing!! I can't wait to show her my new photo skills when I go home!!
Rain is predicted for this weekend, and my goal is to get two rough draft papers done. Tomorrow night I am working at a wedding set-up for the functions department, and I do not have plans yet for the rest of the weekend, except a potential trip to Oceanworld in Manly!
More to come, as always!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment