Tuesday, March 16, 2010

it's all about who you know



I recently got off of the phone with John Aloisi (pronounced like "aloe-easy"). He is a famous soccer player in Australia, currently playing for Sydney FC, which my sport paper is on. And how did I get to talk to him on the phone? Luckily I've got connections! Or rather, my dad had a connection, who had a connection, who I contacted and then got connected with John Aloisi. He was incredibly friendly on the phone and answered every question I had. He seemed in good spirits considering his team is playing in the Hyundai A-League final Saturday night and he will not be able to play due to a hamstring injury. Talking to him on the phone reminded me of when I was about 10 and some of my friends and I got to meet Kristine Lilly, U.S. women's player, at a Hyundai function my dad had. I was so nervous to meet her that I had nothing to say!! Luckily I had questions prepared for John and he was very easy to talk to. Good thing, he has really helped me with my paper!

Tomorrow I turn in this paper (thank goodness!), go to the dentist for the final time I believe since my tooth has not been bothering me at all (success!), and then I will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day in Sydney with Mary and Olivia at the Lady Gaga concert! Apparently my dad's lawn guy's son is in one of the opening bands if I remember correctly. Maybe I should try to find him and get a backstage pass?? :)

Happy St. Patty's day!!!!

No comments: