Monday, April 5, 2010

all night adventure in Sydney












After parasailing on Friday, I relaxed on campus, napped, and watched some movies all evening before going to bed. Saturday I went on a great run, napped, and got ready for a great night! Mary, Mike and I took the 9.45 ferry into Sydney to walk about 20 minutes to Bar Century where we met up with Ashley and Pete. We stayed there until midnight when we walked in the rain (umbrella's up!) to Jackson's on George - making a quick stop at "Macker's" along the way. Jackson's had four floors and six different bars. Mary, Mike and I danced the night away (or until they closed) and made our way over to The Rocks. Pancakes on the Rocks was definitely a great choice for a very early breakfast. I had the "bananarama" pancakes. Delicious! The next stop was a big part of the night: the Sydney Harbour Bridge! On the way there we were able to see some Easter bunnies out hiding Easter eggs :) We were probably on the bridge for an hour or so, watching the sun rise over the Opera House, as well as the lighted skyline. Pictures cannot show the amazing views we had, but we took about 100 pictures anyway!! We stopped at Starbuck's before getting on the 7.15 am ferry back to Manly - not without seeing part of a rainbow by the Harbour Bridge! Very tiring trip - but an unforgettable experience to say the least!!! Could not have spent the night with better people!!

After sleeping all day Sunday, I went to 6 pm Easter mass with Mary and Kaleigh after eating burritos at the CYC. A strange but wonderful Easter evening! Easter Monday was filled with relaxing, eating, and going on a couple of walks to get some fresh air. A quick Easter weekend to say the least!!

Onto a two day week of classes :) Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds fun. I too had a good easter, but it was a bit diff. I got to do an easter egg hunt, which i haven't done in years. I bet the sun rise was amazing.
No worries
Keith