On Thursday afternoon Mary and I went into Sydney to see Wicked!! Mary had seen Wicked two times before in Chicago and absolutely loved it, and I had not yet seen it. I wasn't sure what to expect because while I had heard amazing reviews, I am not always the biggest musical fan, but I was incredibly excited nonetheless.
After getting off of the ferry, we walked along George Street towards Capitol Theater. We had plenty of time, so we walked through the Queen Victoria mall which was full of high class and expensive shops, but we fit right in since we were all dressed up to see the show! We ran over to Paddy's Markets for a couple of minutes so I could buy a couple of gifts. For dinner, we stopped at the Three Monkeys pub. We split delicious nachos for an appetizer; I had a ham pizza, and Mary ate chicken tortellini. Because we had some time, I enjoyed a cider as we sat and listened to music and watched soccer on tv. The atmosphere was pretty chill, some younger crowds stopping by for dinner or a drink after work.
From there we walked to Capitol Theater - the main event!! The theater was decorated with green lights, and you could get an "ozmopolitan" from the concession stands in green lighted souvenir glasses. We were seated first in our area - on the upper balcony, three rows back, and right in the center!! The seats were great - we could see the whole stage perfectly. The set design was amazing (as the girl who sat next to us said "she could just look at the set all night, no need to see the show..." strange..). There is no way to actually describe the show in words besides the fact that I was amazing and I loved it!! The music and actors were wonderful; we couldn't ask for better!
I am so glad I have my DG sister, ACWS teammate, and one of my best friends here with me. While Mary and I are all about having our own study abroad experiences, we have been able to share some amazing times together that I will certainly never forget. We have been able to bond over some crazy and memorable experiences, and I am so glad to have Mary in my life!!
No comments:
Post a Comment