Yesterday I went to Collin's Beach with Mike where we spent the day lounging along with Laura, Mary and Jackie. Since the weather is slowly but surely getting cooler down under, when a day proves to be sunny and warm - it's a great day to go to the beach! Collin's Beach is great because there is not much of a breeze. It is really hidden in a cove, unlike Manly Beach. After hanging out for a little, we heard a bell ring. A small boat was coming our way with a man selling soft drinks, ice cream, and coffee. We each got an ice cream and sat around eating. The title of this entry comes from Jackie - "can you believe our life right now? just laying on the beach, and someone comes to us in a boat just to sell ice cream." Soon we were all napping. It was a great afternoon.
Last night I went to Four Pines Brewery with Mike - he hadn't been there yet. I ate the Terri's Pasta yet again, and Mike got the Mega Burger. They were not lying when they said it was "mega!" We also drank the "tasting rack" which has five small glasses of each of the Four Pines beers that they brew right there. Afterwards, we walked along the Corso and Manly Beach before stopping to get ice cream cones.
It's simple days like these that I will really miss once I get home. Afternoons spent at the beach with friends, being able to look out and see the Sydney skyline and tons of boats in the water. Having ice cream at night on the Corso has become another habit which I love! It's the little things in such an amazing place that has made this experience so wonderful.
No comments:
Post a Comment